Apologise to parents..

Once a year Chinese New Year is drawing closer again. Tomorrow evening would be the time for reunion dinner and sunday will be the first day of Chinese New Year.

I was browsing Yahoo News Hong Kong's website and came across all the news regarding cny celebration. My heart felt so heavy at that point. Had a phone conversation with my mum yesterday and we came to the topic of cny. At that very second my heart just sank. I couldn't hold my tears any longer. I felt so badly for not being home with my parents during this important celebration for the second time. I am not fulfilling my filial duty as a daughter to my parents. How could I?

I remember I used to say that being away from home during cny ain't any big deal. Guessed I was wrong. Being away from home, away from parents really open up my eyes to the whole family relationship thing. It draws me closer to my parents, having such great desire wanting to be with my family, realizing how important for a family to be together and also realizing the heartaches my parents had or have having their daughter and son away from them.

Reunion dinner is tomorrow. What would my parents do without me and my brother? Who should they give angpaos to the very first thing on the morning of cny. Dad and mum used to hide angpaos under our pillows before they woke us up and made us look for it. Who will be watching all the cny entertainment shows with mum? Who will light up the fireworks and play with it with dad? So many memories and questions started popping up in my head.

As i'm typing this, my tears are dropping as well. I miss home, terribly. I regretted for not going home when I have the chance. After all, I am still a baby to my parents no matter how old I am.


6173_251054735343_894665343_8531997_7720106_n


Ps: Thank God I still have my brother and housemates with me..



-♥-

0 biscotti:

Post a Comment