Gong Xi Fa Cai

Happy Chinese New Year to ya all..

Another Chinese New Year away from home.. Had no celebration or house-visiting sort of things since we are in Australia which made me upset :S However, being a traditional Chinese, I would never missed the most significant reunion dinner. So, a simple reunion dinner for 9 of us.

DSC06368e
Preparation started around 4 in the noon where we had all the washing, cutting or chopping..
Picture 067e
YanHwa, Jaclyn, myself, my brother & Dayong. I'm the one wearing purple shirt. Forgive me for not looking at the camera as I was looking extremely auntie at that time!! DaYong, my bro & YanHwa were our kitchen hands.
Picture 095e
They asked if there's anything they could help so I gave them the important task. Make the dumplings!!!
Picture 096e
We had dumplings in different shapes as some of them seems fascinated with it..
DSC06374
The decoration team..
Picture 110e
After 3 & 1/2 hours, reunion dinner was ready..
Picture 125c
The Lohs..
Picture 131e
The family in Perth..
DSC06389e
First and foremost, Yee Sang.. where I replaced raw fish with prawns as some of us doesn't take raw fish..
DSC06390e
Time to dig in!!
DSC06375e
I called it Pork Chop..
Picture 113e
The must-have vegetarian dish..
Picture 120e
Lotus root soup which I boiled for 3hours.. Tasted so rich and sweet with all the red dates..
Picture 114e
This is just a small part of dumplings. We had steam dumplings, boiled dumplings and fried dumplings up for your preference :)
Picture 118e
Tau-Yu-Bak.. A pork belly dish, taste fantastic but easy to prepare..
Picture 111ed
And the pork meat ball which the ingredients were actually leftover from the dumplings' ingredients..


There goes our simple reunion dinner. Hope you all have a great Chinese New Year wherever you are!



-♥-

0 biscotti:

Post a Comment