She found her passion once again..

I have been volunteering for some interesting events lately..One is a black tie charity event which 20 of Perth's corporate executives fight in boxing in the name of charity. On top of the live boxing entertainment, there's also bout predictor,live and silent auctions and raffle draw. It was definitely an eye-opener to me! Well, I have never been to a premier black tie charity event that's one thing. I've never seen a live boxing show that's second. And i've never came across such expensive live and silent auctions and were actually involved through the whole process! We volunteers were having great fun looking at those oscar-dressing guests going crazy after the auction items. Imagine this, your guests kept coming back to check if there's anyone outbid them, towards the last half an hour, they literally stood in front of the item just to make sure no one has a chance to take away the items that they want! They even kept bugging us volunteers to keep an eye out for them, end the auctions earlier and hold on to you if they dint get their wanted items. Hahahaha. It was really funny!

Wearing a cocktail dress with a sash on it, kicking on my most loyal heels for eight hours with heaps of walking and running and still guarantee a friendly smile on my face. Thou I was tired, I felt overwhelmed and excited the whole time. That's what I love to do!

Second event was Sportsgirl Swap Till You're Drop. The event catered for only females where the guest can bring up to 5 items and swap with others. Of cos there's some rules, not that we accept any poorly worn clothes. Wasn't too busy for the event. Most of the times, we volunteers were talking, laughing, joking and did some shopping since we have 15% off all Sportsgirl items :D

Guess I have found my passion again. It's something meant to be in my blood, never gonna fade away. I will feel happy doing it no matter how much it costs!



-♥-

0 biscotti:

Post a Comment