Happy NIU Year

Happy Chinese New Year to all ♥

This is me & my bro first CNY away from home & our parents, not celebrating in the traditional ways.. It was kinda upset thinking of celebrating away from home, a foreign land that's nt cina.. Not getting angpaos, no hse visiting, not meeting up with friends back home, and without all those heaps of preparation to do.. :('

Well, to make this CNY not so pathetic for myself, my bro & friends who are also away from home, I thought of preparing reunion dinner for us... :) I had never cook that much or that long in my life before.. It took quite some times to decide on the menu..I've never cook for CNY before.. All i had last times was just wait for my dad to serve us :P Thanks to Mummy, she helped me to think of what i can cook.. :) Then, i gotta start buying all the materials.. It was a bit hard thru the process.. it's either I cant find it even in oriental store or it was wayyy too ex.. :S
I cant even find nice mandarin oranges.. All they have was those really nt fresh and nt presentable.. Saddd!!! Then it took me whole nite to prepare the stuff, wash & cut the whole nite till my both hand complaint they need rest.. The reunion dinner falls on sunday.. where i had church service in the morning.. Afta church, myself, my bro & my hsemate, CheahYen rushed back home to start cooking.. If i remembered correctly, we spent 6hours cooking!!! It was an amazing experience.. We were all getting crazy inside the kitchen.. Both me & cheahyen needed 2bottles of coke to keep us continue.. :P

But Im really glad everyone who came enjoyed the dinner.. I love to see the expressions on their face when they eat.. The happy & satisfied face.. Ohhh!! I just love it.. :) Big thanks to cheah & jon..without u guys, I wont manage to pull it.. & thanks to everyone who came.. I'm happy to have u guys for reunion dinner.. Muahhh!!!



Myself & Cheah with the food we prepared^
Ten dishes all together..
Instead of raw fish, i used prawnss
First time cooking mango chicken & it turned out nice.. Nam lui chicken wings..


Sobsss.. Im missing home so much now.. And i know my parent missing us like crazy too.. Hope mummy & daddy have fun during their trip to china.. & thanks daddy for giving us electronic angpao :D


Wish everyone have a great XO year celebration.. Gong Xi Fat Chai!!!


-much love-

0 biscotti:

Post a Comment