Happy Birthday to my bestie ♥

Last Saturday night, we went out to celebrate bestie, YL's birthday. We had a hard time getting a restaurant as most of the restaurants that we wanted to go were either fully booked or not available due to private party. So in the end, we had dinner at this restaurant, Lamont's in East Perth.

_MG_0038
Outlook of Lamont's
_MG_0039
The kitchen area

_MG_0042

Adam & bf had the same entree - Wagyu Bresola with asparagus and shallot salad, red grape mustard mayo. I tried some of it and it tasted just alright.

_MG_0045

YL's entree - Lemon Sole fillets, soft herb crumbs with sauce gribiche. I tasted this dish as well. Hmm, just okay to me too.. It's too plain to my liking.

_MG_0047

My entree - Ham hock terrine with crisp pork cheek, calvados crème fraiche. The pork cheek was not bad but the terrine had this kinda weird flavor to me & bf. It might be both of us are not used to it or it taste just weird.
_MG_0053

Bf and adam had the same main dish too - Margaret river venison with cauliflower and potatoes.
For those who doesn't know what venison is, venison is actually deer meat. For this dish, bf din't really enjoy it. The venison was not a fresh piece and the meat was quite tough.
_MG_0054
YL's main dish - Duck breast, confit duck leg brik, blood orange and walnut salad. I din't try out this dish as at the very moment YL said it doesn't taste good, I can't be bothered to taste it. According to YL, the duck breast was overcook and the sauce was terrible. She basically din't enjoy the dish.
P1040046

My main dish - Wagyu beef steak with asparagus and potatoes. which I reckon is the best main dish among all. It taste quite good but I found it a bit overcooked. It was quite hard for me to cut and chew it.


After main dish, it's time for dessert. But the desserts on the menu doesn't seem interesting to Adam & bf. We had experience the food and want to play safe with dessert. So adam & bf had cheese while myself & YL had something sweet.
_MG_0057

Adam's - Rouzaire Brie de Nangis Soft rind with quince paste and lavosh. Not cheesy enough..
P1040056

Bf's - Queso Tradicionales Valdeon D.O. Blue cheese with dried figs and pear. Only bf enjoyed this dish. YL doesn't fancy cheese and it's way too strong for me & adam.
_MG_0059


YL's - Passion fruit curd, meringue drops and strawberry. Too sweet I reckon.
P1040058

Myself - Nougatine parfait with honey caramelised figs. The safest dessert and that's the reason I chose it.

After all the food, we finally snapped some photos of human. lol.
_MG_0052
My besties
_MG_0067

Myself & the birthday girl
_MG_0069

The boys or shud i address them as man??
0062
my ♥
P1040061
Us with our desserts. Taken by the waiter.
_MG_0071
After dinner, we had a stroll along the river outside Lamont's before we left for coffee. And it's time for more photos :P
_MG_0073
Always my favourite couple.. :)
_MG_0077
The bf and I..
We think that we shud give him a lesson on Camera Angle 100 because he was laughing at us when we were trying to get the best angle for our photos. But, who want to look ugly in their photos? Of course we want to look nice in our photos. Hmm, time for more photos taking with the bf. :P



Overall, none of us enjoyed the food. It was seriously disappointing and I had some much to complaint about the waitress that served us. I think none of us will ever visit the restaurant again. Lastly,


Happy Birthday YeeLing!!!


ps: some of the photos are taken by Adam's dslr..


-♥-

0 biscotti:

Post a Comment