My First Crabbing Experience..

01.23 First Crabbing Experince 002ed
Went crabbing yesterday midnight/early morning around 4am. We drove an hour to the destination, Peel Parade at Coodanup. Equipped with the scoop, ice box, torch light and shoes, there we went into sea, looking for crabs. As we were lack of torchlight, so most of us have to hunt in the dark. It was extremely scary when I first stepped into the water when I can't see a thing and it was full of grass in the water. I was so worried that the crab might attack me. True enough, my white shoes somehow appeared to be an attraction to the crabs. I don't need to look for them. They came to me or my shoes, and there I caught them :)
01.23 First Crabbing Experince 021ed
This is after the whole crabbing progress. We crabbed for 2 1/2 hours. We got more than 100 crabs, but we have to put back around 40 to 50 of them. There's this law where you have to measure the crab, if it is smaller than a normal coke can's size, you'll have to put them back, or else you'll receive fine..
01.23 First Crabbing Experince 022ed
Seagulls waiting to hunt their prey. Poor crabs!! Even thou Mark and Joel tried to put them back into water, they can't survive either. You should look at the scene where all the seagulls attacked the crabs fiercely! :(
01.23 First Crabbing Experince 004ed
Our hunts!! Managed to got around 50 of them to bring back..
01.23 First Crabbing Experince 033ed
Alvin & Gen proudly showing their hunt!
01.23 First Crabbing Experince 039ed
Awesome crab dish! I felt so satisfied, caught the crabs myself! Cooked it with chinese rice wine, some ginger, egg whites and spring onion and ta-daa! Definitely enjoyed this dish!!


PS: I'm going crabbing again next week.. xoxo



-♥-

4 biscotti:

Analisa said...

I've never been crabbing before, sounds fun & the last picture looks so good!

Anonymous said...

i did commented but it was disappeared!
crabbing included in my visitation, boleh tak?
someone loves crabbing or fishing. lol
Michelle Lo

Janica said...

Michelle, crabbing season ends at february.. so by the time you come we won't be able to crab dy.. can consider fishing but haha, have to go at midnight and it's boring for me.. can try ask my friends if they are going and if he doesn't mind ah :):)

planning ur trip here dy!!!

Janica said...

Ann, you should try crabbing.. at least once.. it's something different and exciting!!! :)

Post a Comment