S.T.A.R.S

Search For A Star, the night where all the STARS gathered. For those who don't know, SFAS is the biggest and the main highlight event for my church every year. Where we'll be on stage and perform our talents from dance, choir, vocals, drama and instruments. And for me, I'm part of the dance team, Fuzion. We did something different this year which means mixing a few elements together such as hip-hop, breakdance, shuffle, contemporary and also salsa. We danced along with the hits songs such as Everybody by Backstreet Boys, Smooth Criminal by MJ and etc..

One whole month of intense practices, body aches, muscles sore, lack of rest, driving around, forcing the dance steps into my brain, perfections, struggling with studies and work at the same time, the dance team did an AMAZING job on stage. Before the actual performance, we were panicking as we might not be able to do a great one. Everyone was nervous, for some of time it's their very first experience and for myself, I was worried if I could change on time and make it on stage... But.. thank GOD...with help from friends, everything worked out :)


Look at us.. We desperately need some rest. We first reached da performance place at 7.30am.
This is the foyer where we had our practise thtoughout the day.

Salsa
This is how the place and the stage look like.
Rehearsal..
Changed into costumes..
Had a tiny bit of fun before we went on stage. That's my bro in his MJ's look.
Da boys & Liying..
Myself & JiaHuei which joined dance for da very first time. She's the conductor for choir :)
Alvin the only one..
My bro, which Im extremely proud of. I love watching him dance :D
Here comes the actual performance. Boys for Choice, acapella of the song 'Cry me a river'.
Our turn to hit da stage. The opening- Smooth Criminal.
Followed by the attitude dance - Say My Name by Destiny's Child.
ME..teehee
After show with Pauline.
Friends that came to support..
At the backstage with girlss..
A gift for all choreographers..
Not to forget Sarah..



The feeling right now is kind of undescribable. It's a relief that the whole thing is over yet the feeling of emptiness kicked in. Same thing happens every year. It's the after SFAS symptom. I miss the dance crew, i miss all the dance practises and i miss seeing them so often like at least 4 times in a week or almost everyday at the last week to the big day :(


Guys & girls, it was incredibly awesome serving with all of you. People might not see us as the professional dancers or think that our performance was good. Tell you this, they are wrong. We are definitely professional. You know why? Because of our passion, our hearts, our attitudes, our servanthood. It's definitely professional!!! Whatever mistakes you made on stage, it's okay. We pulled off the best performance. No matter what, I think that you guys are awesome! I had a great time because of you guys. And for sure thanks for all my friends that came to support especially the man which initially dint want to and also adam & yl which adam brought his SDLR and captured the dance video for me.

♥♥♥ to all of you.



Ps: Some photos are taken by friends, Mark, Wilson & Kelvin Fok.



-♥-


0 biscotti:

Post a Comment